Day Tour Sample Itenerary
A sample day tour with Tour Estes Park is as follows. This three-hour tour (9:00 am-12:00 pm) starts with picking up our guests at the Estes Park Visitor Center (500 Big Thompson Ave) or your chosen location. This is a driving tour with stops every 10-15 minutes with the chance for photos and short walks.
- We start our tour visiting downtown Estes Park and the grounds of the historic Stanley Hotel (approx. 30 min).
- As we discuss the history of Estes Park, we learn about the construction of Lake Estes and the Big Thompson water project.
- Next, we take the opportunity to drive to several historic ranches in the Estes Valley. Scenic photographic opportunities abound.
- We make a quick stop at the Stanley Hydro Electric Power Plant (built-in 1909) before entering Rocky Mountain National Park.
- We will start the Rocky Mountain National Park portion of the tour at the Fall River entrance. From there we explore the alluvial fan from the breaking of the Lawn Lake Damn in 1982. We continue with a visit to Trail Ridge Road (weather permitting), beautiful waterfalls, and the incredible Continental Divide (photo opportunities will be plentiful and we’ll always have our eyes open for wildlife).
- Tour concludes at the Estes Park Visitor Center or your chosen location.
*All day tours are customizable to your interests. Start times, length, destinations, and activities can vary.